I'm the CEO of a company. It isn't fancy, it deals with buiders, carpenters, cleaners, removalists, babysitters, handymen and handywomen so there's no invitations to plush city parties or award ceremonies. I don't even get an invitation to a Christmas Party - why? My company only has one employee and that person is me.
In fact it's not just my nights which are so dull it's also my days. You have to understand when I mean dull I don't mean I don't like my days, quite the opposite, it's just that they too aren't too fancy. If you looked at my day as a fly on the wall you'd probably fall asleep.
So I work alone. In my bedroom. Lots more hours I'm working on my laptop then I'm not. It's a quiet time at home, I often listen to BBC Radio 1 or sometimes Groove Salad and if I'm getting desperate I'll open up iTunes.
Today is a Saturday and I'm at home and although I'm doing something which isn't strictly business I still flip between pleasure and business - it's something I just love doing and I really can't stop myself.
What's my business? I run a website which connects everyday people like yourself to professionals in your area. So if you need jobs completed at your house like renovations, general building, gardening, guttering, plumbing, painting and decorating then my site can do it for you. Mostly it helps people find builders however it also can help you with other projects - it can connect you with people who create websites, which is becoming increasingly popular on the site.
It's been an interesting week just passed, I've just sent out my Executive Summary to potential investors and I also had a call from a company who makes TV programmes for BBC and is planning to make a new programme about online start-ups and they're interested in me. I'll probably hear back from them during next week to see whether I'll be chosen. It's going to be a cross between The Apprentice and The Dragon's Den by the sounds of things. I won't go into it much more in fear of totally jinxing myself.
I've just read that 60-80% of blogs are abandoned quite early in so I'm hoping I won't add to that terrible demographic. In the meantime before my next post you can learn a lot more about me from my other blog on my website: http://www.workbidder.co.uk/blog
Saturday, 19 January 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment